Most adults have fairly set habits when it comes to house cleaning. They may clean the whole house once a week, or simply address messes as they appear. Some people clean obsessively, while others do the bare minimum. Regardless of personal habits, there exist areas in every home that never benefit from a good cleaning. For some of these areas and appliances, cleanliness is vital. Ignorance in regard to its necessity can actually shorten the life of an appliance, or contribute to the spread of unsavory particles around the home. For an authentically, pervasively clean home, pay attention to the needs of the following.
Household Elements You Need to Clean
Cleanliness is next to godliness, and a clean home is a more attractive, comfortable place to live. However, many elements that need cleaning are commonly overlooked. Before this neglect leads to appliance failure or health consequences, break out the necessary tools and get to scrubbing.
- Air Ducts: Air ducts will gradually accumulate dirt, dust, mites, and more. Even worse, they will lead to the constant re-circulation of these particles around your home.
- Drains: Drains collect hair, soap, oil, and food particles. As these accumulate, most often in your p-trap, they can inhibit proper drainage and emit a foul odor.
- AC Coils: Your AC coils perform the actual creation of cool air. Throughout this process, they can become vulnerable to dirt and grime. Without cleaning, your coils will eventually fail, a consequence that leads to expensive repairs.
- Vents: As with your air ducts, your vents can accumulate and recirculate dirt, pet dander, and more.
- Washing Machine: Though it succeeds admirably in the cleaning of clothes, your washing machine cannot clean itself. If your clothes smell like mildew straight out of the wash, then your washing machine needs cleaning.
You should also include every household feature often touched, such as door knobs, remote controls, and lights witches. Each of these can become a haven for germs. While you can address almost all of these areas on your own, drains and air ducts need the benefit of professional work. Though they exist out of sight, your pipes absolutely deserve cleaning. If your drains seem slow, then you likely have an obstruction that requires clogged drain cleaning.
As for your HVAC, our air duct cleaning services can address one of the dirtiest areas of your home, and stop it from spreading dust, dirt, mites, and other unsavory elements. To schedule service from our team, simply call (714) 464-6622 for air duct cleaning. At Elite HVAC, we look forward to doing our part of your house cleaning.