Learn About Emergency AC Repair
In Vacaville, California, the summers can get pretty warm, and when your home is humid and warm, you want your air conditioning to work. But when it doesn’t, you need to make sure it constitutes the need for emergency air conditioner repair before you make that phone call.
What are common signs of an air conditioner in need of emergency repair?
So, it’s hot in your home, and the air conditioning apparently isn’t working. How do you know if it is a simple problem, like changing the air filter, or if it is an emergency air conditioner repair? The following 6 situations would constitute you have an emergency air conditioner repair:
- Unusual noises and sounds: This is the top reason to call for an emergency air conditioner repair service call. Odd noises and sounds are an indication that a component inside the system is damaged, and if the air conditioner keeps running, you may be replacing the entire system.
- Warm or hot air: If the airflow coming from the vents is warm, or worse, it’s hot, this is often due to blockage of the airflow. If you change or clean the air filter and making sure the intake isn’t blocked doesn’t help, you need to turn the system off and make an emergency air conditioner repair service call.
- Ice formation: If you’re seeing water puddling on the floor around the air conditioner system or ice inside the system, specifically on the evaporator coil. Turn the system off for an hour, try it again, and if the ice forms again, make that emergency air conditioner repair service call.
- Electrical occurrences: If the circuit breaker trips unexpectedly while the air conditioner is cycling, you need an emergency air conditioner repair service technician to check the electrical components. Unaddressed, it could create a fire hazard.
- Odors: If you smell electrical or melting plastic, this can indicate something is not working correctly within the system, this is definitely an indication you need an emergency air conditioner repair service call.
How do you troubleshoot an air conditioner before calling for emergency air conditioner repair?
Well, it depends on the problem you’re having. If there isn’t any air coming from the vents, check the air filter. Changing or cleaning could be the fix. If the air is warm coming from the vents, check the thermostat is in the COOL and AUTO position. If not, make the adjustment and see if that cools the air.
If the system is shutting down completely, check the breaker box or circuit breakers and if they are in the off position, flip them back on and try the system again. If these steps don’t fix the problem, make that emergency air conditioner repair service call. In both of these situations, check the outdoor component and make sure nothing is sucked up the unit. This can block airflow and cause it to blow warm air or shut the system off at the breaker.
What should I do if my air conditioner stops working suddenly?
Turn the system off at the thermostat and make that professional emergency air conditioner repair service call. Never leave the system running when you hear noises or smell something different coming from your system. This can damage the system and even become a fire hazard.
How long does it take for the emergency air conditioner repair technician to arrive?
This can vary from company to company, and if there is a major heatwave across Vacaville, California. Most emergency air conditioner repair technicians arrive within an hour. Keep in mind that emergency air conditioner repair service calls will cost more when they are after hours, on a holiday, or on the weekend. If you can use fans to keep cool until normal business hours, the service call won’t cost as much.
In The Heat of the Moment ….
Once the emergency air conditioner repair technician arrives, they will ask what problem you’re having to give them a general idea. They will check the basics first like the air filter, the air vents, the drip pan and drip tube, and the outdoor component.
If they don’t find a problem, they will open up the system and inspect the interior guts like belts, fans, etc. They will grease or oil as needed, check the refrigerant level, and other moving parts, making repairs if needed.
Once they have completed their inspection, they will discuss what they found with you and make suggestions as to what repairs are needed or if the system needs to be replaced. If they are recommending a replacement, you should call for 2 or 3 quotes for a new unit and ask what type of warranty each company offers. While the first emergency air conditioner repair technician may be your knight in shining armor at the moment, you don’t need to make that type of decision in the heat of the moment.
Elite HVAC offers 24/7 emergency air conditioner repair in Orange, CA. Call (714) 464-6622 get set up with an appointment.